One Yukkuri Place

Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: Eight Views of Yukkuri Discussion/Translation Thread

Posted under General

GNU/Hurdz

This is a thread for Eight Views of Yukkuri, a game based around raising your pet Yukkuri in a Yukkurarium. It has plenty of family friendly and abyuse options, so there's something for everybody! It is also probably the only Yukkuri game in active development right now, and certainly the best in terms of polish and presentation.

You can find the most recent downloads here. It updates every Thursday usually:
https://ux.getuploader.com/ennji/

ATTN: Your computer will need to be in Japanese Locale in order for the game to extract properly.

The dev's blog is here:
http://ennjiiro.seesaa.net/

A dialogue translation can be found here and will be updated regularly (Current as of 1.18):
https://a.pomf.cat/dqjqys.zip

A partial translation of the images can be found here:
https://a.pomf.cat/pptqgm.zip

To install both, just drag and drop into the root directory of the game and replace the existing files.

The menu is unfortunately untranslated ingame as of now, but a manual/menu translation can be found here (Will be updated regularly):
https://a.pomf.cat/fbqdqu.html

Features include:
>Raising either a Marisa or Reimu
>Watching them grow from a little one to an adult
>Having them raise their own family and interact with each other
>Teaching them skills like potty training and how to hunt
>Feeding them gourmet food (or trash)
>Putting on pet clothes and swinging them in the air
>Giving them toys, treasures, and a little easy house to live in
>Interacting with them in several ways such as lifting them in the sky or rolling them on the ground
>Disciplining the scumminess out of them and making them smarter and more affectionate
>Destroying their accessories or hair
>Having fun with needles, hammers, rotors, and an open flame
>Testing the limits of how uneasy they can truly be
>Taking walks in the park and playing with wild Yukkuri

Updated by GNU/Hurdz

  • ID: 11536
  • Permalink
  • Nitro

    Very interesting. I'll check it out. It seems very funny. Thx man!

  • ID: 11537
  • Permalink
  • EasyV

    I updated the manual, now the food section is complete: https://a.pomf.cat/fbqdqu.html
    Any comment is appreciated

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    >Taking walks in the park and playing with wild Yukkuri

    Due to events I haven't been able to play the game for a while
    Is this a new feature where you take your yukkuri outside, or is it the existing menu option "outside", just worded differently?

  • ID: 11538
  • Permalink
  • Quote25

    EasyV said:
    Due to events I haven't been able to play the game for a while
    Is this a new feature where you take your yukkuri outside, or is it the existing menu option "outside", just worded differently?

    It's the wording, you can't take your "domesticated" yukkuri outside, the outside menu still is the same from what i've seen, you can still toss them food or smash/kick them

  • ID: 11539
  • Permalink
  • Plastic Shark

    My browser tells me the translation files have a virus/malware in them when I try and download. What's up with that?

  • ID: 11542
  • Permalink
  • GNU/Hurdz

    It's just the Pomf.cat host site triggering it because it's associated with 4chan.

  • ID: 11543
  • Permalink
  • GNU/Hurdz

    Wow 1.18 is buggy as shit. The yus freeze when they poo and adult Marisa's sprite is glitched out as fuck, among other things. Stick with 1.17. The translation is the same.

    Also, I keep discovering new shit about this game. Turns out Marisa can ask you to pick her up and bring her to the slide and gets mad if you ignore her. I never noticed this before, mostly because those lines haven't been translated yet (and because I spend an admittedly small amount of time doing nicehead things). Also, newspaper greatly increases the safe fall distance and makes you unable to use a Yu as a brown crayon anymore. I wonder what property soil has?

  • ID: 11551
  • Permalink
  • EasyV

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    Turns out Marisa can ask you to pick her up and bring her to the slide and gets mad if you ignore her.

    Pretty sure it happens when she's spoiled
    Like when she asks for seconds or sweet-sweets after eating
    And she's always mad when you ignore her for anything, I never saw her sad or something
    I believe the correct action is to scold her

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    (and because I spend an admittedly small amount of time doing nicehead things)

    As someone who tries to actually raise that yukkuri, I can tell you it's really boring, unfortunately
    There's not much going on most of the time, aside from seeing Marisa do stretch-stretch
    Toys have more action, but if you give them too early she might get spoiled and then it's a pain

    Unrelated, but does anyone know how long it takes for her to go from ko to adult?

  • ID: 11552
  • Permalink
  • GNU/Hurdz

    EasyV said:

    As someone who tries to actually raise that yukkuri, I can tell you it's really boring, unfortunately
    There's not much going on most of the time, aside from seeing Marisa do stretch-stretch
    Toys have more action, but if you give them too early she might get spoiled and then it's a pain

    Yeah, I tried putting every single item in the yukkurarium in a game and hoping to see her rotate between every single one, but she just ignored the vast majority of them other than the treasures and the TP roll, and occasionally the Reimu doll. She got constipated once but completely ignored the water bottle for the most part. I'm not even sure the leaves work anymore cuz I've never seen it in action. Ultimately it turns into a loop of being hungry then pooping and being hungry again. It's a good thing the abyuse is so well thought out.

    EasyV said:

    Unrelated, but does anyone know how long it takes for her to go from ko to adult?

    31 in game days, which is pretty much unfeasible without using debug. Hopefully the dev changes it to something more usable like 7 days after all the features have been added and play testing starts, though he did say he has features planned all the way into 2018, like breeding and fighting (the latter of which I'm very excited for).

    Speaking of debug, I was hoping there would be a "spoiled" stat in there but there's nothing really obvious. I'm hoping maybe there's something in this big block of text:

    元飼いゆ補正
    野良数補正
    対人恐怖補正
    野良かしこさ補正
    野良なつき度補正
    野良ゲス度補正
    野良舌肥え補正

    But I can't begin to understand what that does. Could you figure out what these do?

  • ID: 11553
  • Permalink
  • EasyV

    First of all, I managed to add screenshots to the manual
    Now it's a zip because the pictures are in a separate folder
    https://a.pomf.cat/jlxrrw.zip

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    31 in game days

    That's a lot ;_;

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    he has features planned all the way into 2018, like breeding and fighting

    I always liked games where you can breed creatures
    Though hopefully by then we get at least Alice or Patche, I don't want to breed Reimu and Marisa forever

    GNU/Hurdz said:

    But I can't begin to understand what that does. Could you figure out what these do?

    Not really for everything, but since you managed to transcribe the kanji (how did you do that? I can't even read them), we can probably guess something from their meaning

    • 元飼いゆ補正
      • 元 = origin, source, cause
      • 飼いゆ = pet yu(kkuri)
      • 補正 = correction, revision
    • 野良数補正
      • 野良 = stray
      • 数 = quantity, amount
      • 補正 = correction, revision
    • 対人恐怖補正
      • 対人 = interpersonal
      • 恐怖 = fear, terror
      • 補正 = correction, revision
    • 野良かしこさ補正
      • Given that 野良 = stray and かしこさ = intelligence, here I believe is the amount of the average intelligence of the stray yukkuri found outside
    • 野良なつき度補正
      • Like before, 野良 = stray and なつき度 = attachement (as in, how much the yukkuri loves you), so we can assume it's how much strays love you when you pick them up, or something
    • 野良ゲス度補正
      • ゲス = scum is enough to tell us this is the level of garbage found outside
    • 野良舌肥え補正
      • 野良 = stray
      • 舌 = tongue
      • 肥え = grow fat, be fertile, be refined (palate), be rich
      • 補正 = correction, revision
        • With some imagination I think this is how much spoiled stray yukkuri's tastebuds are, like if it's low, they'll go happiness with normal food, if it's high they don't
  • ID: 11554
  • Permalink
  • worstluck

    GNU/Hurdz said:
    Yeah, I tried putting every single item in the yukkurarium in a game and hoping to see her rotate between every single one, but she just ignored the vast majority of them other than the treasures and the TP roll, and occasionally the Reimu doll. She got constipated once but completely ignored the water bottle for the most part. I'm not even sure the leaves work anymore cuz I've never seen it in action. Ultimately it turns into a loop of being hungry then pooping and being hungry again. It's a good thing the abyuse is so well thought out.

    I think the behavior of yukkuris have been modified quite much among different versions as I remembered. In my game seesions of the earlier versions, yukkuris often play on the trampoline, but in recent versions they seems to be possessed with the slide, will continue to slide time and time again, saying something like "I want to slide more" and ignoring the trampoline at all. Also in all the versions I played, I hardly remember if any yukkuri touched that ball (the first one of the toy item) and I have no clue how does that work.

    EasyV said:Pretty sure it happens when she's spoiled
    Like when she asks for seconds or sweet-sweets after eating

    I do hope in the future the game will show more about how the spoiling mechanism work, I have no clue how that work. It's not obvious like scum stat.

    But I don't think asking for more food can be considered as a merely bad behavior, as a yukkuri of low scum stat will say that because it is still hungry after eating. I tried to fed one yukkuri with very low scum stat manually, and it asked for more food, at that time its "Feed/ hungry" stat after feeding was still around 80, a relative low value, indicated that it was still hungry; Then after one more feeding, it thanked for the food and behaved generally happy after that, and at that time its "Feed/ hungry" stat was about 200. Also it never asked for sweets as far as I remember.

    Updated by worstluck

  • ID: 11555
  • Permalink
  • EasyV

    worstluck said:

    I hardly remember if any yukkuri touched that ball (the first one of the toy item) and I have no clue how does that work.

    I remember seeing a Marisa playing with a ball, but right now I'm not sure if it was this game or another one
    If it was with this, it was something like version 1.14 or earlier

    worstluck said:

    I do hope in the future the game will show more about how the spoiling mechanism work, I have no clue how that work. It's not obvious like scum stat.

    I believe it's an independent set of values (i.e. more than one)
    For example, a good yukkuri can still go "so so" on normal yukkuri food because her tastebuds are spoiled, or a yukkuri that has learned how to use the toilet might refuse to carry the poo poo if there's an accident (it happened to me many versions ago, I don't know if things have changed since then)

    worstluck said:

    But I don't think asking for more food can be considered as a merely bad behavior, as a yukkuri of low scum stat will say that because it is still hungry after eating. I tried to fed one yukkuri with very low scum stat manually, and it asked for more food, at that time its "Feed/ hungry" stat after feeding was still around 80, a relative low value, indicated that it was still hungry; Then after one more feeding, it thanked for the food and behaved generally happy after that, and at that time its "Feed/ hungry" stat was about 200. Also it never asked for sweets as far as I remember.

    Asking for sweets is sign of bad behaviour, but admittedly asking for seconds is a grey area
    If you don't give the yukkuri enough food, asking for more is not a problem, but if you feed her regularily (e.g. autofeeder set to 3 meals a day, normal amount) so that the hungry stat is 200 on average, asking for seconds is bad
    Though admittedly the latter case is rarer than asking for sweets

  • ID: 11556
  • Permalink
  • worstluck

    EasyV said:

    I believe it's an independent set of values (i.e. more than one)
    For example, a good yukkuri can still go "so so" on normal yukkuri food because her tastebuds are spoiled, or a yukkuri that has learned how to use the toilet might refuse to carry the poo poo if there's an accident (it happened to me many versions ago, I don't know if things have changed since then)

    I have not tried to feed Yukkuri with fancy food since the first time I gave a Marisa a cake: I saw scum stat increased rapidly when it was eating the cake. So other than increasing their scum stat, fancy food will also spoil yukkuri's taste like in the Simyukkuri? Interesting, definitely going to try this. lol

    I have experienced several times that a yukkuri knows to use the toilet but has a high scum stat decided to do poo poo outside after I ignored its request for something. Sadly back then I had not English translation of the game thus I had no idea what its request is and what it said before it doing poo poo this way. Never had issues with good yukkuri though, when I ignored them, they tended to cry then back to normal or sad, no puff, no poo out side.

    I can not connect the dots between knowing to use the toilet and willing to carry poo poo though, from my experience these behaviors are based on different stats.

    EasyV said:
    Asking for sweets is sign of bad behaviour, but admittedly asking for seconds is a grey area
    If you don't give the yukkuri enough food, asking for more is not a problem, but if you feed her regularily (e.g. autofeeder set to 3 meals a day, normal amount) so that the hungry stat is 200 on average, asking for seconds is bad
    Though admittedly the latter case is rarer than asking for sweets

    From what I have experienced in game, I have not met a good yukkuri ask for sweets after eating for now, only scum ones do that. It is really a sign of bad behavior. lol
    Both good and scum yukkuri will ask for more food after eating if it's still hungry, with different dialogues and behaviors (Scums will puff, inevitably, as there is no way to give them food before they go puffing), but I haven't met any yukkuri ask for more food (not sweets, merely food) after eating, at least for now. I will continue to test that I guess.

  • ID: 11557
  • Permalink
  • EasyV

    worstluck said:

    I have not tried to feed Yukkuri with fancy food since the first time I gave a Marisa a cake: I saw scum stat increased rapidly when it was eating the cake. So other than increasing their scum stat, fancy food will also spoil yukkuri's taste like in the Simyukkuri? Interesting, definitely going to try this. lol

    The yukkuri you get when first starting the game always go "so so" on normal food
    I don't know what values count as "not scum", but she would still go "so so" even if the stat was below 100
    Also if you look at the list of debug labels I tried to translate earlier, you see a "stray tongue refinement adjust" (don't really know how to translate, I took each kanji on its own), which is probably how spoiled the tastebuds of stray yukkuri are, regardless of scumminess, which is another label in the list (and, in fact, if you get the right stray yukkuri you can have her go happiness on the grass)
    I think things have changed somewhat since I last bothered with this, because lately I've been getting nothing but 200+ scum stat initial yukkuri, though

    worstluck said:

    I have experienced several times that a yukkuri knows to use the toilet but has a high scum stat decided to do poo poo outside after I ignored its request for something. Sadly back then I had not English translation of the game thus I had no idea what its request is and what it said before it doing poo poo this way. Never had issues with good yukkuri though, when I ignored them, they tended to cry then back to normal or sad, no puff, no poo out side.

    I can not connect the dots between knowing to use the toilet and willing to carry poo poo though, from my experience these behaviors are based on different stats.

    It's a different kind of spoil than the food one
    Even if the yukkuri can use the toilet (after lots and lots of scolding...), trying to teach her something (even hunting), if she's spoiled she goes "Da noble Macha won'd do such a thing!"

  • ID: 11558
  • Permalink
  • 1