One Yukkuri Place

Read the rules before proceeding!

Resized to 56% of original (view original) Loading...
Sample
  • Comments
  • Share
  • Characters

    Artist

    Tags

    Before commenting, read the how to comment guide.

    Canttakeiteasy

    -__- Seriously, why the heck did he stomp on the ko-dosu?

    captperv

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    -__- Seriously, why the heck did he stomp on the ko-dosu?

    to make the dosu cry

    Nitro

    there is no reason to not stomp a yu ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Hitosura

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    -__- Seriously, why the heck did he stomp on the ko-dosu?

    Because he wants to die to Dosu Spark. Like, seriously, most-random thing ever. Gives food, kills little one. wat

    Cuttler

    Now now, if you look very closely at the bottom left panel, you will see there are sticks protruding out of Dosu
    That combined with the 'field work' anon mentioned in the first panel, one can infer that Anon was there to 'clean up' the herd, and only approached and gained Dosu's trust to make the job easier

    wasa killer

    Ohh shitt! Why not just stomp reimus alone?

    Hitosura

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    And oh, I hope there is a decent time lapse

    I don't understand why he wasn't already dead by then. After the first hit, Dosu Marisa would have just pounced him.

    Hitosura

    With the way the Dosu reacts to him simply giving them food, this is another occasion that makes me wonder,
    "Why not just try diplomacy?"
    If it was a bad Dosu, you know it would have been, "SHITTY HUMAN SLAVE GIVES TRIBUTE TO DOSU! GOOD! NOW BRING SWEET-SWEETS!"

    TosylChloride

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    So it is a space time manipulator anon story then. It makes you wonder why he bothers with such a demeaning job as exterminating helpless magical foodstuffs when he can do pretty much anything with such powers...

    or anon could've just pinned dosu down before stomping the ko's. much more easily done than stomping the ko's first before stopping time to immobilize the dosu.

    Canttakeiteasy

    TosylChloride said:

    or anon could've just pinned dosu down before stomping the ko's. much more easily done than stomping the ko's first before stopping time to immobilize the dosu.

    And he pinned the dosu with what? Retractable sticks that have the strength to pin what appears to be about nearly 600 pounds of paste, at least. Heck if dosuMarisa just thwacked him with her braids it would probably be like being whipped with a nice sized leather belt with the ribbon effectively having the effect of a softer buckle. A headbutt would probably kill the man as gravity alone can make such a mass potentially dangerous if the dosu striked after the first two to three strikes of the man.

    Seriously, look at the puny size of those sticks. I mean, honestly. Noraaki just probably zoned out and drew her/his proportions wrong which is why the last two panels look way iffy.

    Updated by Canttakeiteasy

    yukkuri addict

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    even more nitpicky stuff

    hey ever heard of something called suspension of disbelief
    for all you know there could be ten more sticks off screen. just because you are left to infer what the man has done does not mean you should pin him as a Mary Sue and declare the whole story an exercise in stupidity

    Canttakeiteasy

    yukkuri_addict said:

    hey ever heard of something called suspension of disbelief
    for all you know there could be ten more sticks off screen. just because you are left to infer what the man has done does not mean you should pin him as a Mary Sue and declare the whole story an exercise in stupidity

    Hey ever heard of something like a reasonable suspension of disbelief? Noraaki neglected a simple "later" which would have okayed everything. This is the typical problem with comics having have to be drawn and written, and with a single person doing all that stuff the story is portrayed differently.

    Now, Look at the sticks. The sticks are the typical proportions of noraaki's regular sized marisa being pinned to the ground pierced to the top and all the way through the bottom (unless you are saying anon here decided to give dosu-marisa acupuncture if the sticks were regular sized >_>). Look at the ko -dosu. Ko-dosu is the size of an adult yu and the 1st panel shows her to be at the very least 5x their height then she shrinks to about the size of an adult yu when crushed (in which case did her paste vanish to the ether? LOL).

    Now kindly explain, why would my theory that Anon has spatio-temporal powers not hold water? Because with the way the sequence of events (and the lack of indication of a reasonable time lapse) and the proportions of the dosus are involved, if we are to accomodate your theory that noraaki did not fuck this up, my theory would actually be the ONLY one plausible >_> unless you have any other theory other than Noraaki messing up or unexplained spatio-temporal power nonsense that you want to share to me in order for me to change my opinion (because you seem to care how I view this particular piece)?

    P/S. It would not surprise me if Noraaki admits he/she made a mistake here or there. Hell, even the pros do.

    yukkuri addict

    Canttakeiteasy said:

    Hey ever heard of something like a reasonable suspension of disbelief? Noraaki neglected a simple "later" which would have okayed everything. This is the typical problem with comics having have to be drawn and written, and with a single person doing all that stuff the story is portrayed differently.

    Now, Look at the sticks. The sticks are the typical proportions of noraaki's regular sized marisa being pinned to the ground pierced to the top and all the way through the bottom (unless you are saying anon here decided to give dosu-marisa acupuncture if the sticks were regular sized >_>). Look at the ko -dosu. Ko-dosu is the size of an adult yu and the 1st panel shows her to be at the very least 5x their height then she shrinks to about the size of an adult yu when crushed (in which case did her paste vanish to the ether? LOL).

    Now kindly explain, why would my theory that Anon has spatio-temporal powers not hold water? Because with the way the sequence of events (and the lack of indication of a reasonable time lapse) and the proportions of the dosus are involved, if we are to accomodate your theory that noraaki did not fuck this up, my theory would actually be the ONLY one plausible >_> unless you have any other theory other than Noraaki messing up or unexplained spatio-temporal power nonsense that you want to share to me in order for me to change my opinion (because you seem to care how I view this particular piece)?

    P/S. It would not surprise me if Noraaki admits he/she made a mistake here or there. Hell, even the pros do.

    this is not a full fledged story with 15 pages; it is a viginette showing the interactions of this human and a dosuyukkuri. it has a jump cut in the middle to the important part which skips depicting his actions. i believe this is acceptable as the point of the story is to show the dosu yukkuri's reactions to what the anonymous does, and is not his actions. the sizes in the first and 2nd last panel are slightly off. so?? it's definitely more likely to be a mistake or what's easier to depict than your "explanation", that he has some sort of powers.
    if you don't take into account the canon that foot piercing renders the yukkuri immobile, the part where it's immobilised definitely is quite unrealistic. but this is just a snapshot of what happens, possibly it's one of those "all talk, no action" dosus, or it is too shocked to retaliate, at least immediately.

    i definitely do care how you view this piece: in this case, i believe that the reasoning that leads to your position is faulty, and also you said it online so i think it's open to criticism. there's a huge problem with your "it wasn't depicted, so it didn't exist until just now" mentality. just try applying it to other contexts: in super mario bros, bowser's bridge disappears without any apparent action from mario after he touches the axe. do we then conclude that mario has super powers, and the whole adventure was moot as he could telephatically make the bridge disappear from his house?

    Canttakeiteasy

    yukkuri_addict said:

    *Snip*

    Read again what I wrote. Unless you have difficulty grasping what I wrote, you would understand. If you have difficulty, come back in a later time where you either acquire a good grasp of logic or you drop your bias or your subconscious attempt to get into my skin just because you do not like seeing an expressed opinion contrary to your own.

    If you are satisfied with this then do not read further because if you are sensitive to criticism you would irrationally rage at me.
    -------

    Bowser's bridge disappear because the programmers made it that way, duh (game design choice). The intent is obvious because most of the mario games make it apparent the bridge is disintegrating via explosion or whatever gimmick. The in character intent of the stage boss is he wants to face mario without any interference or depending when you can activate it, could be a self destruct for the bridge for whatever reason. There is no such premise here in this particular piece. Sure it is short but because it is short care should have been taken to indicate the time lapse (like a "later" would suffice) so that the story makes sense.

    Piercing the foot makes the yukkuri immobile huh? LMFAO. Pinning them in place does (but there are stories where a yu will rip off part of its bottom to get away). Burning their feet to the point it can no longer do what it does does. Piercing will just get you a yukkuri with hole in the foot that depending on its will to live either can crawl away painfully or cry like an idiot despite it can actually move but refuses to do so because it hurts.

    yukkuri addict

    Canttakeiteasy said:
    lots of stuff that very likely contains ad homimem fallacy by insulting me despite it being not related
    -------

    ok i read it again and i will just present this today

    this is how i think your arguement goes
    1. the unrealisticness presented here is consistient with my intrepretation, that the guy has super powers.
    2. the situations presented here are inconsistient with my intrepretation, that the guy has super powers.
    3. therefore the story is internally inconsistient and stupid

    i think that's pretty wrong

    Canttakeiteasy

    yukkuri_addict said:
    *snips entire post that indicates he did not comprehend the post he is replying to and never bothered to backtrack and check if there was an actual issue and instead plays the victim card while pretending to be holding the moral high ground*

    -______- are you serious?

    Look what I previously wrote:
    1) Seriously, look at the puny size of those sticks. I mean, honestly. Noraaki just probably zoned out and drew her/his proportions wrong which is why the last two panels look way iffy.

    2) ....unless you have any other theory other than Noraaki messing up or unexplained spatio-temporal power nonsense that you want to share to me in order for me to change my opinion (because you seem to care how I view this particular piece)?

    3) ...Noraaki neglected a simple "later" which would have okayed everything....

    ----
    Or do you prefer me to make this extra clear why you are arguing, essentially, with yourself and have been raising a non-issue for the past few posts?

    In what way was my stand purely on the anon having reality bending powers? When did I say that the story itself is nonsense ? (I mean it is pretty stupid because it fails to explain what the fieldwork was for or even maintain its internal consistency by just jumping into the action so suddenly without even trying to make a modicum of sense)

    Were you trying to misrepresent my statements in order to strawman my position or do you lack the attention span to notice that the reality-manipulating anon schtick is the alternative to noraaki messing up?

    Either actually have a better grasp of logic and actually comprehend what you are reading or drop your bias or stop trolling. Choose whichever that suits your actual situation. If a combination or all of them is necessary, do that.