Just follow these rules:
- If possible, translate the title into english and use the translation.
- If you don't know japanese (or chinese or whatever), don't use google translate or the like, but use the original title as-is without modifications. Don't translitterate the title to latin letters.
- Always include the artist's name at the end of the pool's title, enclosed in parentheses.
- Use a translitteration to latin letters for the artist's name. It's fine to use a machine translator to get the translitteration (just make sure you are using the correct language.)
- If the artist is anonymous, don't add anything, leave just the title.
- If the artist didn't leave a title, it's ok to make something on the spot, as long as it's relevant to the story, doesn't make spoilers, and the pool's description explicitly states that the title is unofficial.
- If the pool's content is a hard translation of a comic (i.e. the pictures have been modified with a tool like GIMP to change the text, instead of using the site notes system), include the target language in parentheses somewhere after the title.
- If the pool is a comic, use the "series" category (the pool's title becomes purple.) If it's a set of mostly-unrelated pictures, or if there is no plot, use the "collection" category (the pool's title becomes blue-ish.)
- If the pool is part of a larger work (e.g. a multi-chapter comic), include a link to the previous/following parts in the description, clearly stating that it's part of a larger work. It would be nice to list the other parts in order relative to the pool you are editing, so if the pool is the second chapter, the description would have a link to the first chapter (and maybe to the third, etc.)
- If the multi-chapters work is known to be completed (for example, the author clearly stated that one of the chapters is the last one) don't make a pool for each chapter, but make a single pool with all the chapters there.
- You can make a single pool for an on-going work too. It's up to you. Usually this is best when each part doesn't have a "chapter title" that clearly defines when a part starts.
- Work from an anonymous artist without an official title:
- Marisa vs Remilia
- pool #1998
- Hard translated work from japanese to english from a named artist:
- I want to eat mister stalk (English) (y)
- pool #1211
- Work from a named artits with an untranslated title (the linked pool might've been translated after this page has been written):
- pool #1987
- Work which is part of a larger series, notice the pool description:
- Never Forget You (ringyou)
- pool #1782