I do not know if there was a topic like this before but just what part of the NON-bodied yukkuri serves as their arms ?
Aside from Marisa and Reimu with their braid and hair tubed hair, respectively, other yus tend to be portrayed as making do with their mouth only to get and drag stuff (ignoring the stupid portrayal of alice using their peni-peni as tentacles). So what's your head canon on this?
Let's see how plausible hair limbs are:
1. Marisa - 1 braid ( equivalent to a one armed man if given a human equivalent, except for paramarisas who have 2 braids that are tied to their hats)
2. Reimu - 2 hair tubed hair. Reimus have a wide range of articulation
3. Sanae - The snake accessory is a tentacle of sorts (?. I think there is a pic out there with a Sanae actually manipulating the snake to strike a marisa)
4. Myon - I cannot really imagine if there is a way for a youmu to use some part of its hair as arms as the actual youmu has that hair cut that does not show any prominent lock/locks of hair. EDIT: apparently for some reason we have this
http://oyp.yunyah.com/posts/51797?tags=eibura a youmu somehow having a floating sword/knife by its side and carving a pumpkin (I just do not see how this is supposed to be actually holding that sword/knife).
5. Alice - same as myon.
6. Chen - the 2 tails are its arms.
7. Ran - same as myon.
8. Remilia - the wings (?)
9. Flan - same as Remilia.
10. Unyu - same as Remilia
11. Aya - same as remilia if winged or same as myon if not. Apparently the tassels of the hat can be used (http://oyp.yunyah.com/posts/47147?tags=Alice+hair_use) although it is weird as the tassels are part of the actual hat.
12. Yukari - those ribboned hair strands could maybe conceivably used as arms. Though I have never read such a story or seen such a pic yet.
13. Meiling - I can imagine its braids used as arms like reimus.
14. Sakuya - same as meiling as it has braids as well.
15. Patchouli - same as meiling. Although considering how big those ribboned locks of patchy, she might be moving them quite slowly.
16. Yuuka - same as Myon. Now the question is does it farm solely by manipulating its tool using its mouth?
17. Nitori - the twin tails look passable as limbs though no art shows this yet.
I'll add more if I feel like it
As you can see if yukkuris were real and assuming no magic BS telekinetic limbs ala elfen lied and somesuch what-have-yous several types of yus would have massive advantages over others because of the number of limbs they possess (ignoring abilities).
Now imagine 1 limbed marisa vs 2 limbed reimu, reimu has a massive advantage over the marisa despite the latter being prominently depicted as the more "masculine" yu.
A Reimu that is not a lazy scum could potentially be a better farmer than a Nyoukarin because it can manipulate tools better as it has "hands". A Yukari assuming it can move all of its hair like an octopus would even be much better if it can be assed to farm.