One Yukkuri Place

Anyone wanna cover some songs together or something?

Posted under General

I play guitar (and a bit of violin, but I don't have one available to me at uni) 2hu songs or jrock is fine.

Some stuff I threw together for a friend tonight. I can actually play much neater/ actually keep to the rhythm, but I had to keep the files under 25mb for FB, so it was a speed run on necrofantasia, and I just wanted to do one take since they were just samples. https://www.youtube.com/user/EiP709/videos

Updated by Ruukasu

Whatever wt. This is a community, we do what we want.

Eternity, I would contribute on a vocal side, if my crushing shyness didn't get the best of me. No classic training, but years of hours singing a day. I would describe my voice along the range and timbre of Trent Reznor's (with an accent). If you feel like doing something, hit me up :3

I can play piano... badly. Currently trying to learn some Touhou songs and getting my butt kicked.

Probably not good enough to contribute much of anything, but I can try. =)

Playing piano badly still puts out just as many notes as a good guitarist ;) Lets try something easy then baron mind. Aya's Mysterious Mountain, Marisa's Master Spark, Hacking to the Gate etc come to mind as things that could work.

Artistical, I'm assuming something in english would work best, no? Wanna try Santeria - Sublime?

Eternity said:
Playing piano badly still puts out just as many notes as a good guitarist ;) Lets try something easy then baron mind. Aya's Mysterious Mountain, Marisa's Master Spark, Hacking to the Gate etc come to mind as things that could work.

Any suggestions where I could find music for those? I've been using this guy's, but everyone seems to arrange them differently. He has two versions of Cirno's theme that aren't even in the same key...

HankySpank said:
Someone should use softalk for the vocals

that is, if anyone can find the damn thing

I have Vocaloid Editor 3 with IA Rocks, Miku and and Megpoid, close enough?

BaronMind said:
Any suggestions where I could find music for those? I've been using this guy's, but everyone seems to arrange them differently. He has two versions of Cirno's theme that aren't even in the same key...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXtf-fP_bxU
- youkai mountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIHqDagqgc
http://www.marioverehrer.com/sheets
-Hacking to the Gate

I think hacking to the gate would work best, as the guitar and piano parts are identical on Aya;s theme, but much more distinct on hacking to the gate. It will also be a lot easier to sync up, so theres that.

HankySpank said:
Someone should use softalk for the vocals

that is, if anyone can find the damn thing

I have found it. It only seems to work with english voices and the interface is entirely in Japanese.

Eternity said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXtf-fP_bxU
- youkai mountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIHqDagqgc
http://www.marioverehrer.com/sheets
-Hacking to the Gate

I think hacking to the gate would work best, as the guitar and piano parts are identical on Aya;s theme, but much more distinct on hacking to the gate. It will also be a lot easier to sync up, so theres that.

Hacking to the Gate looks awsome, but there's no way I can play that. Some of it isn't even anatomically possible... maybe I have small hands or something, I dunno. Sorry.

Can you think of anything that, uh, covers less of the keyboard at once? >_<

BaronMind said:
Hacking to the Gate looks awsome, but there's no way I can play that. Some of it isn't even anatomically possible... maybe I have small hands or something, I dunno. Sorry.

Can you think of anything that, uh, covers less of the keyboard at once? >_<

Hm, what about cutting out the lower note in the octave intervals? Besides those, left hand should just be some scale runs and fifths I think. The octaves were probably just thrown in because lolSynthesia.

Here's an easier version though: http://maouscore.web.fc2.com/score/hacking.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TGlhBEmxsU

Besides that though, Skyreach (Akame Ga Kill OP) is fun, but the sheet is kind of hard and the rhythms/melodic intervals are a bit weird at times (read: gigantic jumps)

Kuusou Mesorgiwi is fantastic, but an absolute cluster**** on piano and I'd have to have proper tabs commissioned to actually get it in time.

Only My Railgun would sound pretty fantastic, and I have a good idea about how to edit that one, but I'm not sure about the difficulty of that on piano.

Dream Riser (GuP op) is really easy, and sounds neat, so thats something.

All that said, its quicker for a guitarist to learn a melody than it is for a pianist to learn their part, so what do you already know?

Updated

The list of songs I already know is very short and consists entirely of simple classical pieces. I'm currently working on learning Satori's theme (abridged and slowed down version; I can play it at full speed though). That video's probably a good guide to how well I can play - just having some trouble with the weird timing on the left hand.

I don't think it would make a good choice, though, unless you can come up with a better arrangement. I prefer to tackle Touhou tunes, if only for the familiarity (I don't really watch anime), but if you find something I can actually play then whatever. =)

(Don't have time to have a close look at your suggestions right now.)

Updated

Artistical, I'm assuming something in english would work best, no? Wanna try Santeria - Sublime?

Sure thing. I'm gonna give it a whirl, see how it goes :)

Ugh, having trouble with Santeria. I can reach up there, but only with falsetto, so the chorus is sung properly, but the rest of the song, not quite xD Wanna toss something else?

Artistical said:
Ugh, having trouble with Santeria. I can reach up there, but only with falsetto, so the chorus is sung properly, but the rest of the song, not quite xD Wanna toss something else?

Sure, any ideas? You can also feel free to change keys if that helps you, all Id have to do is shift down a fret or two, no issue at all really.

Eternity said:
Sure, any ideas? You can also feel free to change keys if that helps you, all Id have to do is shift down a fret or two, no issue at all really.

Okay, gonna try a lower key version then :)

Sorry for bumping the topic. Anyway, Undead Corporation's "The Empress" is a good song to cover. I could do the rough vocal part. As for the clean vocals, a Vocaloid may suffice.

  • 1