One Yukkuri Place

About the daily coexistence between Yukkuri and Human

Posted under General

Hello, i'm new here, and i got some inspiration to write a fic, i'm searching for some info or links to the ankos that deal with those themes.

But i'm searching some info about the training for the pet Yukkuris and how is the normal relationship with children.

For example. Can Yukkuri distinguish between, adults humans, childs or babys?

And. How safe is for a family with a baby to have a Yukkuri pet, or an herd in the vecinity?

PD: My first language is Spanish, all the fics need to be in English?

Updated by Berthold

More intelligent yukkuris seem to be able to understand that baby humans are human little ones, and the like. However, stupider yukkuris are sometimes unable to make the distinction and sees all humans under the blanket concept 'mister human.'

There are stories where yukkuris will attack and injure/kill human babies, and then challenge an adult human, believing it can also defeat the adult human because it doesn't perceive the difference.

Well trained high quality Yukkuri pets are mostly safe around babies, with a very low probability that the yukkuri will attack the baby for whatever reason. Note that well-trained high quality pet yukkuris will ALSO very rarely attack their adult human owners as well, so this isn't just because they perceive the baby as a 'safe' target. This seems similar to how pet dogs and cats will occasionally attack their owners IRL.

There are many stories where human babies are attacked by wild yukkuris during home invasions, or low grade pet yukkuris. An adult yukkuri is often depicted as easily being able to harm or even kill a human baby, usually by using weapons such as glass shards or sharp sticks.

There's an anko story where an adult human woman is attacked by her gold badged pet Reimu and loses two fingers as a result of the attack, because the Reimu launched itself at her from a counter with a kitchen knife in her mouth. I forgot the anko #. :(

Here is a story about attacking humans as a learned social behavior in wild yukkuris:

http://yukkuri.shii.org/pool/show/424

Here is a story about a man who adopts wild yukkuris as pets and then the pets attack his baby neice:

https://groups.google.com/group/yufanfics/browse_thread/thread/7168cf50342e5ffe?hl=en&noredirect=true

In short, the consensus seems to be that while pet yukkuri attacks on babies and children does happen, it's by far a rare occurance. Wild yukkuris are much more likely to attack babies and children, and may represent a significant danger to unattended children.

As for the language, that depends on who your target audience is.

It works both side though.
Yukkuri are also in danger around babies.
If adults are not too big and heavy, babies will probably try and whack their parents out of curiosity too.

You can write the story in whatever language you want, more than a few of our members speak spanish. But I think most of the active members's primary language is english.

It depends on how you want your story to be: family_friendly or abuse oriented. Yukkuris in abuse stories tend to have a lot of flaws, whereas family_friendly story yukkuris are pretty much perfect in every way.

zidana123 said:
There's an anko story where an adult human woman is attacked by her gold badged pet Reimu and loses two fingers as a result of the attack, because the Reimu launched itself at her from a counter with a kitchen knife in her mouth. I forgot the anko #. :(

anko1538

Thanks for the information.

I asked this because even with Kiriraitaa aproach, dumb but no "evil". Yukkuris are quick to anger and resort on "punish the uneasy thing" And as there are many points of contact, in parks, and schools. These incidents sure will be a big headache for parents and teachers.

My history is situated several years after the aparition of the Yukkuris in the market. The first batch of badge pet yukkuri were trained with hy83523 methods. Most of that group ended with mental breakdowns, for example the incident with miss in the anko 1538 could be one of these.

After that the factory was forbidden the sale of pets, and all participation in the badge system.The scandal created a bad name for Yukkuris, And several years later is when the industry is growing again.

So the story is in the middle, humans trying to learn about the yukkuris and how to live with them. In the yukkuri side of things trying to take it easy in this world.

I like your premise! :D

I hope you'll write the story in english then, porque mi espanol es muy malo y yo necissito google para muchas palabras

Personally I would prefer if the yukkuris did more than just "trying to take it easy in the world" maybe start gaining some intelligence and realize the problems they are bringing themselves and start trying to fix the bridges that their actions and the factory actions broke, since in the end they are also to blame for the bad relationship they have with the humans.

You know how it could go, clans that may want to contact humans in a more friendly way and avoid the "yukkuri logic" overriding common sense or attemps to learn beyond it and maybe try to finally understand the world around them, while keeping their mantra of "taking it easy" just this time without falling in insane troll logic and selfishness.

We already have tons of stories about yukkuris trying to take it easy against all odds in the world incluiding the bad relationship they nurtured with humanity, I would like a story that would go beyond that, and this time, without being a "Humans Project Fix It" deal (which my stories are guilty of too many times.)

Take it easy mister Fiver! Sounds interesting, can't wait to read it. =)

The only story I've read featuring yukkuri and children interacting (other than a single scene in Dosu in the City) was a story on YFT about a mute Patchouli. She got used as a toddler's toy for a large chunk of the story. The adults were a bit worried she might attack the kid, but mostly it was the other way around.

I'd post a link but I can't find it anymore. =(

There's some cute pics on here of a Reimu playing sweetly with a human baby (major cuteness when it steals her accessory)

hy(numbers) has a great story translated on yufanfics where a family of scum move into a guy's home while he's looking after a baby. They complain constantly about the "uneasy noisy" baby, declare the baby's cot as their property because Anon was nice enough to let them use it the first night. They also trash the house while he's away. Complete trash.

I think it's called "Changing My Tune"

OK i have a big problem, lots of ideas and concepts but at the moment of put them in words, something stop working ;___;

I want to do the infodump in a more tolerable way, like press articles at the beggining, apart from the terrible grammar, every idea will be well received.
----------------------
The Sasquatch enquirer

American activists “face trial” over Yukkuri contraband.

A couple of activists from PETY were arrested last night in the border beetween Switzerland and France. The couple identified as Johnathan and Cosette Riese were put under arrest, after one call informed about suspicious behaviour by the couple. The police asked for their documents, during the revise their bags start to move,bring to a more exhaustive search, where they found a small cage with a pair of Yukkuri, one of them was pregnant, the Swizz law order the immediate elimmination of every Yukkuri in the country.

Yukkuri pets and related merchandise are banned in Switzerland, prison sentences for this type of crime ranging from ten to twenty five year sentence. This will be the first time that the local authorities want the maximun penalty for this crime.

The US attorney's office declined to comment on the allegations, as did the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Ambassy in Switzerland.
----------------------------------------
Global Times.

The "F" consortium was ordered to pay compensation to the victims from the killer Yukkuri batch.

The massive lawsuit filed by the association of victims "Yukkuri responsability" ended today after five years of conflict. The veredict declared the "F" consortium guilty for selling damaged goods to the public, the training methods used in their line of Yukkuri pets, caused mental inestability, an increase in violent responses in stress situations.

Tomorrow we bring a special edition with a complete analysis of the sentence.

Fiver said:
… the Swizz law order the immediate elimmination of every Yukkuri in the country.…

I wonder how the muslim countries would deal with yukkuris. I figure they’d probably exterminate them thoroughly, especially since the two most common species are modelled after infidel sorcerers.

I had an idea for a story where a Yukkuri is given augmentations making it practically equal to a human, and it gets really pissed off at the way its kind is treated but then it later on it comes to understand how fun it can be to torture other Yukkuri after being exposed to their shitheadedness.

Whaddayathinkaboutit

a_nameless_ghost said:
Some kind of Yukkuri-in-a-Jar controlled exoskeleton thingy, with plugged-in artficialsub-brains (Beanpaste sacs).

..Oh god.

exactly what i was going for :)

gay-pants said:
I had an idea for a story where a Yukkuri is given augmentations making it practically equal to a human, and it gets really pissed off at the way its kind is treated but then it later on it comes to understand how fun it can be to torture other Yukkuri after being exposed to their shitheadedness.

Whaddayathinkaboutit

Lol, a bodied Yukkuri could work for a going abuser fic xD.

My idea was that the Yukkuri market expanded exponentialy without any real control, in one of those mini island in the south pacific a group of smuggled Yukkuris ate the whole island in less than three months, 30 Yukkuris to 600 in one summer or something like that.

Switzerland said fuck this and banned Yukkuris from the country, no pet, no farms, nothing, they don't want to deal with that. Countries like Spain or France adopted Yukkuris and now they have thousands of strays in their cities, well in Paris they run massive exterminations, and they garbage collectors get a bonus per head.

People in third or four world nations only see walking food, they're treated like chickens or pigs.

After the whole "GoldBadgeGate" the pet system branched in two schools of training, one more akin to a military school, works better for predators and very active owners, and a more "Dog whisperer" for more sedentary families.

The "GoldBadgeGate" was an epic mess in PR, one child death, several adults wounded, one woman loss her finger ;), one day the expensive gold badge pet Yukkuris snapped without any logic reason.

One family with one Alice and her kids being the most dramatic case on the record. A little girl five of six years old took the ko's to play in the garden, they were dirty and went to take a shower, the girl removed her hairband and removed the ko's hairbands.

The mother Alice found them on the bathtud, no accesories = stray... the rest is history.

The history ends in a video leaking from the pet training grounds inside the factory and everyone going wtf for the content.

Fiver said:
Lol, a bodied Yukkuri could work for a going abuser fic xD.

My idea was that the Yukkuri market expanded exponentialy without any real control, in one of those mini island in the south pacific a group of smuggled Yukkuris ate the whole island in less than three months, 30 Yukkuris to 600 in one summer or something like that.

Switzerland said fuck this and banned Yukkuris from the country, no pet, no farms, nothing, they don't want to deal with that. Countries like Spain or France adopted Yukkuris and now they have thousands of strays in their cities, well in Paris they run massive exterminations, and they garbage collectors get a bonus per head.

People in third or four world nations only see walking food, they're treated like chickens or pigs.

After the whole "GoldBadgeGate" the pet system branched in two schools of training, one more akin to a military school, works better for predators and very active owners, and a more "Dog whisperer" for more sedentary families.

The "GoldBadgeGate" was an epic mess in PR, one child death, several adults wounded, one woman loss her finger ;), one day the expensive gold badge pet Yukkuris snapped without any logic reason.

One family with one Alice and her kids being the most dramatic case on the record. A little girl five of six years old took the ko's to play in the garden, they were dirty and went to take a shower, the girl removed her hairband and removed the ko's hairbands.

The mother Alice found them on the bathtud, no accesories = stray... the rest is history.

The history ends in a video leaking from the pet training grounds inside the factory and everyone going wtf for the content.

If it were up to me: make it allowed to hunt and abuse yukkuri (and possibly encourage doing so as well) and only make it illegal to hurt the ones with badges. Make another law that forces pet owners to put badges on their Yukkuri so they can be identified.

Even if they are scum manjuu, you have to admit you'd be traumatized (if not just incredibly pissed off or saddened) at someone slaughtering your pets.

  • 1
  • 2