This spin-off of Reimu comes from the Japanese slang for fat, debu. Although opinions differ on what exactly constitutes a deibu, there are some oft-used characteristics:
- fat and/or ugly (usually due to overeating, may appear bean-shaped)
- very arrogant and selfish
- violent and quick to anger
- very protective of her children, to the detriment of everyone else; unable to see children's faults (but in a desperate situation, will still easily prioritize herself over her children)
- generally only cares for the reimu-type children; children of her mate's type are often either neglected or outright killed
- demands favors and candy from humans
- kills off good yukkuris
- claims of being a pitiful single mother (Deibu-only trait)
- is usually is the one who causes her mate to die in the first place (often by not sharing any food with said mate)
The pioneers of modern-day deibu are gesuaki and z-aki; check their works if you want to know precisely what a deibu is, as just about every yukkuri they draw is a deibu or the respective equivalent of a deibu aka bawiza, awize or batchouli.
Deibus are a subset of the shithead race.